Hybrid Solar Systems use the sun to generate electricity during daylight hours and therefore have no continual costs involved once the system is installed.
Hybrid Solar Systems deliver between 18% to 25% return on investment per year based on electricity savings, outperforming any other financial investment you make. Investing in a solar energy system to save on your electricity bill is the best investment you can make right now for your business or home over the next 20-25 year period.
Hybrid Solar System
Grid connection and batteries are commonly referred to as a hybrid system and, with the correct installation, will act as a UPS (Uninterrupted Power Supply) in the event of a power outage. The Hybrid Solar Systems will charge up the batteries, and the excess production will supplement your household/ business energy needs.
Many of our clients start with system 1, with a plan to build up to a system 2 and then add battery back-up at a later stage as their budget allows to build up to a system 2 configuration. The great benefit of solar PV is that it’s entirely scalable and you can add to it as your needs grow. Clients typically opt for this when power outages are an ongoing issue
- Can operate independent of the Grid
- Available in various configurations
- Reliable supply of power when using with a generator
- Fast switch over in case of power black-out
- Supplies power even if no grid is available
- Battery daily cycles could shorten battery life
- Batteries need to carry 3 days autonomy
- Quality batteries are expensive
- Batteries lifespan is less than that of Inverter and PV Modules
Various Finance Options Available:
This option suitable for residential and commercial property owners
- Affordability is one of the biggest advantages of bond finance as the terms allow for very low monthly payments in comparison to traditional finance options that run over shorter terms.
- Flexibility is key with bond finance as the customer can decide to pay extra when they can afford to do so and save on interest.
- Property values over the long term tend to grow, especially if funds are applied on improvements or off-grid solutions, which cancels out the debt incurred.
- Available Banks: Nedbank | Standardbank | FNB | ABSA | Investec | Capitec
Instalment finance for businesses
With instalment sales ownership of the asset is automatically transferred to you once the final instalment on the lease has been paid. This lease is treated as on-balance sheet funding, and depreciation can be written off. Interest is charged on the full capital amount, including VAT.
Option available with Standardbank and Netbank
Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) - for solar systems 200kw and up
A Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) gives our clients the option to benefit from renewable energy without having to invest any capital. Under a PPA we will purchase, install and operate an energy generating facility on your premises, the energy produced by the system will then be sold to you at an agreed upon rate (Rand per kWh).
Contract lengths typically range between 10 and 20 years, with this duration governing the rate as well as the annual escalation. We aim to provide immediate savings by providing a rate lower than the municipal tariff.
During the entire contract period NrG will own the system, performing all Operations and Maintenance thereby taking on all performance and technology risk.
Loans up to R300 000